Industry Advisory participants and others are advancing the Workforce Development effort by building awareness about the Plan and maritime employment opportunities for Alaskans.
Op Ed Article by Kris Norosz, Icicle Seafoods, Inc.; Julie Decker, Alaska Fisheries Development Foundation and Doug Ward, Vigor Alaska. This article or a variation was published in many Alaskan papers and other media outlets .
Talk of Alaska hear Doug Ward, Vigor Alaska and Julie Decker, Alaska Fisheries Development Foundation talk with Steve Himel, Alaska Public Media about maritime opportunities and training needs in Alaska.
The following have passed formal support for the Alaska Maritime Workforce Development Plan
- Southwest Alaska Municipal Conference – March 7, 2014
- Alaska Workforce Investment Board – May 14, 2014
- UA Board of Regents – June 5-6, 2014
- Wrangell Borough Assembly – Sept. 10, 2014
- Southeast Conference’s Fisheries Committee week of Sept 2, 2014
- Southeast Conference Full Board – Sept 16, 2014
- Wrangell Borough Assembly – Sept. 9, 2014
- Alaska Fisheries Development Foundation – week of Sept 11, 2014
- Homer City Council – October 13, 2014
- Homer Marine Trades Association – October 16, 2014
- Western Alaska Community Development Association – October 16, 2014
- Kenai Peninsula Borough – December 9, 2014
If your organization is interested in formally endorsing, a draft version of the resolution is available for your use. LINK NOT WORKING – NEED ORIGINAL FILE
Alaska Workforce Development Plan Presentation 9.3mb – Lunch and Learn (Juneau – 2/16/15)
Many presentations have been conducted at state and local conferences and meetings.